AIWFF Film Competition 2019 is now open for entries!
We are accepting live-action films and animated films directed by women. The films of finalists will be screened at the Aichi International Women’s Film Festival 2019 to be held from September 4 to 8, 2019. We’re keen to see entries from all across the world!
Deadline Saturday, May 4th, 2019
- Live Action
Live-action films of all genres including drama and documentary
Animated films of any animation technique
- The director of the film must be female.
- Must be original films running within 50 minutes.
- Must be completed after January 1st, 2018
- All themes are welcome, regardless of age, professional background, or winning award.
- Should not have been broadcasted on Japanese terrestrial television prior to September 8th, 2019.
■ Selection and Result
Films will be selected by mutual consent in our preliminary review board.
Out of the pre-selected films will be shortlisted for screening at AIWFF 2019. The finalists will be notified via e-mail by the beginning of July 2019. The list of the selected films will be announced on the festival website.
After the screening of all nominated films during AIWFF 2019, ‘Grand Prize’ will be selected by AIWFF committee, also ‘Audience Award’ will be given to a film earned the highest points from audience voting.
The winners will be revealed on the festival website and commended during the festival.
Grand Prize for one film in each section with cash prize of JPY 200,000
Audience Award for one film in each section with cash prize of JPY 30,000
● Entry Requirements for AIWFF Film Competition ●
- No entry fee.
- Choose the section (Live Action or Animation) according to genre.
- Film entries must be submitted on DVD-Video (NTSC, region-free, without copy protection).
*If you cannot submit a DVD copy of your film, please contact us using the Inquiry form.
- All the submitted documents and materials to AIWFF will not be returned.
- AIWFF takes no responsibility in case of any accidental damage or loss of the materials.
- DVD-Video or Blu-ray Disc is eligible as screening materials for the nominated films (NTSC, region-free).
- For non-Japanese language films, Japanese subtitles or English subtitles are required. Finalists will be also required to submit the script in original-language and in English with time code for Japanese subtitles.
- Applicants are responsible for all necessary copyright clearances for their films. AIWFF is not responsible for any claims regarding copyright infringement from other parties.
- Write the title of the film and director’s name on the DVD screener.
- AIWFF may make a copy of DVD screener for review.
- Write the statement and synopsis of the film on the AIWFF 2019 entry from.
- AIWFF may rescind the nomination and request a refund of the prize money, in cases where the applicant has made a false statement regarding any of the matters mentioned in the entry form.
- AIWFF may screen each nominated film up to two times during the festival.
- AIWFF may use stills and excerpts from nominated films for promotion on the AIWFF official website, leaflet, guidebook and other media including SNS, newspapers, magazines and TV.
- The nominated films for the AIWFF competition may not be withdrawn from the festival.
- The nominated films may provide the screening for free in response to a request from other film festivals in partnership with AIWFF.
Download and fill out the AIWFF 2019 entry form and send/bring it with a DVD screener to the following address no letter than May 4th, 2019.
* Write “Live Action” or “Animation” in red on the envelop.
Aichi International Women’s Film Festival
1 Kamitatesugino-cho, Higashi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 461-0016, JAPAN
TEL: +81 52 962 2512
FAX: +81 51 962 2477
If you have any questions regarding the Festival or the submission procedure, please contact us using the Inquiry Form.
Handling of Personal Information
The applicants’ personal information shall be used only for the purpose of running this AIWFF competition, and shall not be used for other activities without the applicants’ consent. However, AIWFF may announce the director’s name, age, occupation/school, and the city/town/village of residence regarding the nominated films.