We are accepting feature and short films directed by women, in all genres, with no age restrictions. The films of finalists will be screened at the Aichi International Women’s Film Festival 2017 to be held from September 6 to 10, 2017. We’re keen to see entries from all across the world!
Feature Film Section
Deadline : Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
- Entry Requirements
- • No entry fee is required.
- • The director of the film must be female.
- • Must be one of the director’s first three feature films. Note that the third film means the feature film subsequent to the first and second feature films officially presented to the public (in a film festival or in a theater).
- • Films must be with a running time of between 60 and 150 minutes.
- • Must be films completed after January 1st, 2015.
- • Films of any genre and any theme are accepted, regardless of production country and winning award.
- • Films must not be screened to the public in a theater in Aichi prefecture, Japan before September 10th, 2017.
- • Film entries must be submitted on DVD-Video (NTSC, region-free, without copy protection).
- • DVD-Video and Blu-ray Disc are eligible as screening materials for the nominated films (NTSC, region-free).
- • English subtitles (or Japanese subtitles) are required for non-Japanese language films. Finalists will be also required to submit the English text of the script with time code if the original language of the film is not Japanese.
- • Films must not be in breach of any copyright, including music or sound contained in your entry. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to secure authorization and permission from the copyright owner(s) of any and all copyrighted content or materials included within the submitted film. AIWFF expressly disavows any responsibility for, and will not be held responsible for, any unauthorized inclusion of any copyrighted content or materials within or relating to the submitted films, including any content or materials that are or may become the basis for any third party claims for copyright infringement.
- • The Festival organizer may make a copy of DVD screener for review.
- • No screening fee is paid for the films in the Competition at AIWFF.
- • Each nominated film may be screened up to three times at different locations in different cities.
- • Stills and excerpts from nominated films may be used for promotional purposes (in print, broadcast, Internet or any other media) at no cost.
- • Films that have been nominated for the Competition may not be withdrawn from the Festival.
- Submission Procedure
- • Download and fill out the Entry Form (Feature) and send/bring it together with a DVD screener to the following address no later than May 9th, 2017:
Aichi International Women’s Film Festival
1 Kamitatesugino-cho, Higashi-ku,
Nagoya, Aichi, 461-0016, JAPAN
TEL: +81 52 962 2512
FAX: +81 52 962 2477
- • Write the title of the film and director’s name on the DVD screener.
- • Be sure to write the intention of the work, the storyline, and winning awards in the entry form.
- • Write “Feature Film Section” in red on the envelope.
- • All the submitted documents and materials will not be returned.
- • All expenses for the shipping of materials to AIWFF must be borne by applicants.
- • AIWFF is not responsible for submitted materials that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- • The Festival may rescind the nomination and request a refund of the prize money, in cases where the applicant has made a false statement regarding any of the matters mentioned in the entry form.
- Selection process and award for feature-length films
- • Approximately five out of ten pre-selected films will be shortlisted for screening at AIWFF 2017. The finalists will be notified via e-mail by the beginning of July 2017. The list of the selected films will be announced to the public through the website of the Festival.
- • After the screening of all the nominated films during the festival, AIWFF will award the following prize in accordance with the decision of the Competition Jury:
－Grand Prize: Golden Owl Award with cash prize of JPY 300,000
If you have any questions regarding the Festival or the submission procedure,
please contact us using the inquiry form.