We are accepting animated films and live-action films directed by women. The films of finalists will be screened at the Aichi International Women’s Film Festival 2022 to be held from September 8 to 11, 2022. We’re keen to see entries from all across the world!
Deadline : Saturday, April 23rd, 2022
Animated films with any animation technique
- Live Action
Live-action films of all genres including drama and documentary
- The director of the film must be female.
- Must be original films running less than 50 minutes including the end credits.
- Must be completed after January 1st, 2021.
- All themes are welcome, regardless of age, professional background, or winning award.
- Should not have been broadcasted on Japanese television prior to September 11th, 2022.
Selection and ResultPre-selection:
Films will be selected by mutual consent in our preliminary review board.
Out of the pre-selected films will be shortlisted for screening at AIWFF 2022. The finalists will be notified via e-mail by July 2022. The list of the selected films will be announced on the festival website.
After the screening of all nominated films during AIWFF 2022, ‘Grand Prize’ will be selected by AIWFF committee, also ‘Audience Award’ will be given to a film earned the highest points from audience voting.
The Grand Prize winners will be revealed on the festival website and commended during the festival.
AwardsGrand Prize for one film in each section with cash prize of JPY 200,000
Audience Award for one film in each section with cash prize of JPY 30,000
Entry Requirements for AIWFF Film Competition
- No entry fee.
- Choose the section (Animation or Live Action) according to genre.
- Applying with multiple works is acceptable.
- Film entries must be submitted on DVD-Video (NTSC, region-free, without copy protection), or uploaded to video-sharing websites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- All the submitted documents and materials to AIWFF will not be returned.
- AIWFF takes no responsibility in case of any accidental damage or loss of the materials.
- Any of following materials is eligible as screening materials for the nominated films. The display resolution must be 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- DVD-Video (NTSC, region-free)
- Blu-ray Disc (NTSC, region-free)
- Downloadable MP4 video file
- For non-Japanese language films, Japanese subtitles or English subtitles are required. Finalists will be also required to submit the script in original-language and in English with time code for Japanese subtitles.
- Applicants are responsible for all necessary copyright clearances for their films. AIWFF is not responsible for any claims regarding copyright infringement from other parties.
- Write the title of the film and director’s name on the DVD screener.
- AIWFF may make a copy of DVD screener for review.
- Write the statement and synopsis of the film on the AIWFF 2022 entry form.
- AIWFF may rescind the nomination and request a refund of the prize money, in cases where the applicant has made a false statement regarding any of the matters mentioned in the entry form.
- AIWFF may screen each nominated film up to two times during the festival.
- AIWFF may use stills and excerpts from nominated films for promotion on the AIWFF official website, leaflet, guidebook and other media including SNS, newspapers, magazines and TV.
- The nominated films for the AIWFF competition may not be withdrawn from the festival.
* Write “Animation” or “Live Action” in red on the envelop.Aichi International Women’s Film Festival
1 Kamitatesugino-cho, Higashi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 461-0016, JAPAN
TEL: +81 52 962 2520
FAX: +81 51 962 2477
If you have any questions regarding the Festival or the submission procedure, please contact us using the inquiry form.