Portrait of a lady on fire
- 4 Sep. Sat. 13:30 Will Hall
- France / 2019 / 122 min.
- Director: Celine Sciamma
- Cast: Noemie Merlant, Adele Haenel, Luana Bajrami, Valeria Golino
- Distributior: GAGA
- Awards and Invitation:
- 72nd Cannes Film Festival – Best Screenplay, Palme D’Or
- Brittany, France, 1760. Marianne, a painter, is commissioned to do the wedding portrait of Héloïse, a young lady who has just left the convent. Héloïse is a reluctant bride to be and Marianne must paint her without her knowing. She observes her by day and secretly paints her at night. Intimacy and attraction grow between the two women as they share Héloïse’s first and last moments of freedom, all whilst Marianne paints the portrait that will end it all.
+81 52 962 2520
Closes on Mondays & National holiday.(Also closes on Tue. when a national holiday falls on Monday)
- Aichi International Women's Film Festival Executive Committee Secretariat c/o
- Aichi Gender Equality Foundation 1 Kamitatesugino-cho, Higashi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 461-0016, JAPAN