EVERYDAY IS ALZHEIMER’S THE FINAL: Death Becomes Us
© 2018 NY GALS FILMS
- 6 Sep. Thu. 13:50 Will Hall
- Japan / 2018 / 72 min.
- Director: Yuka Sekiguchi
- Cast: Hiroko Sekiguchi, Yuka Sekiguchi
- Distribution: “Maiaru” friendship office, Regard
Filmmaker Sekiguchi who has been taking care of her mother with Alzhimer’s at home is hospitalized herself for surgery on hip joints. Feeling that age and time affect not only her mother but also herself, Sekiguchi becomes increasingly aware of the eventual end of people’s journey through life. In this movie about “death” which does not spare anyone, the filmmaker sets out to seek end-of-life options for the mother and daughter.
“Maiaru – the Final” is the final movie of Sekiguchi’s “Alzheimer Everyday” trilogy.
+81 52 962 2520
Closes on Mondays & National holiday.(Also closes on Tue. when a national holiday falls on Monday)
- Aichi International Women's Film Festival Executive Committee Secretariat c/o
- Aichi Gender Equality Foundation 1 Kamitatesugino-cho, Higashi-ku, Nagoya, Aichi, 461-0016, JAPAN